January 28 was a great day for the annual Southerners social international touch tournment. The weather wasn’t too hot, and the field was in perfect condition. Seven teams joined the competition, 6 from Bangkok and one from Cambodia. Having postponed the tournament from November due to the floods, unfortunately two other international teams were not able to join on the new dates.
The atmosphere was great, with music, food, excellent referees and a lot of enthusiastic players making it out to Patana on the Saturday morning.
The Bistro 33, where the prizegiving was held in the evening, had put on a delicious spread. Southerners Green claimed the trophy and took the Khmer Crows out into the nighlife of Bangkok to celebrate.
Thank you all very much for your involvement with the touch tournament. I hope you all agree it was a great day. Well done to Southerners Green for ending up on top!
A BIG thank you goes out to:
- The Referees: Mark, Brad, Jim, Pete, Andrew, Dan and Ves and Marco for running the lines. Thank you, it must have been a very long, very tiring day for you!
- The time keepers, Jules and Amy, who had to stay focused all day and made sure the whole day ran on schedule, the scores were filled in, the games were announced and all the admin was taken care of during
- BNH Hospital for spending their Saturday at the field and caring for our injured players.
- Patana school for their great support and providing us most of what we needed during the day
- Guilty Pleasures catering, by Andrea and Skinny. Thanks for feeding all the hungry players and supporters!
- To Raphael for sorting out the Southerners teams for the day.
- Toni, Emily and Maxine for taking photos.
- Bistro 33 for their lovely dinner.
- Marco for buying the water, helping with the set up and clean up and general support, as well as captaining the gold team
- And of course to all teams and players. It wouldn’t be much of a tournament without you!
|The teams were: |